julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer Love.


The public school system is starting in our area this week, thus signifying the end of summer vacation. We've been experiencing oddly cool temperatures in the 70's for a couple days, which makes it easier to appreciate the changing of the seasons. Our summer has been full of days spent on the beach, swimming in the pool, going on road trips around South Carolina's lowcountry, getting together with friends, eating fresh fruit and veggies, and enjoying being together as a family. This summer we've experienced a lot of impromptu dinner parties. Today was another such impromptu occasion. Grandparents came over for lunch. Have I mentioned I have the best husband? I have the best husband. We work well together as a team. So while he was giving the house a quick clean, I drove to the grocery store to pick up a few items for lunch. One of my go to meals when we're having company over is to throw chicken breast on the grill. I like using a 30 minute Caribbean Jerk marinade when I am short on time, because it packs a lot of flavor on the chicken. Sometimes I like to serve the chicken with a huge garden salad. Other times I'll grab a bag of rolls from the bakery and let our guests make sandwiches out of the chicken breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips