julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Princess Party - The Dessert Table.


This week we designed this all girl princess soiree. Ruffles. Lace. The color purple. Nail polish. This party was held in the garden of the birthday girl's real life godmother. Her fairy godmother. Can it get more perfect for a princess themed party?!?!


We custom made the ruffle tablecloth using flat sheets that we purchased from Walmart. For some reason sewing this tablecloth seemed like such a daunting task to me. I asked other friends who also sew and upholster for their advice. I asked my mom, who taught me how to sew, for advice. I watched videos on YouTube. I searched Pinterest. And then I realized, I just needed to buckle down and start sewing. And like most things, we found that once we started the project, it wasn't quite as daunting as we had anticipated. As I pinned layers of ruffles to the side of the table, I had flashbacks of being back in my fashion design class at university making a tailored jacket.


On a shopping trip with one of my assistants and our daughters, we purchased the dress form from Hobby Lobby. I spray painted it white to go with the colors of our princess party. On another shopping trip, I purchased white tulle with glitter from Hancock Fabrics to make the tutu for the form. The other princess themed accessories were also purchased from Hobby Lobby and spray painted white.


There was nothing that suited the princess theme better than our Opulent Treasure's cupcake holder. We pulled it out of our warehouse along with our matching cake stand. Cupcake holders were made out of paper doilies and iced with pale lavender butter-cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips