julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Monday, June 8, 2015

Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps.


The other month, my husband came back from Korea where he and my son saw Paul McCartney in concert. The energy that Paul McCartney displayed up on stage for the three hour show convinced my husband to go as vegetarian as he could. So he became a pescetarian.

Yesterday, we went to lunch at a Thai restaurant with a group from our church. Someone order lettuce wraps with minced pork, and they looked delicious. That got me thinking about how I could make a twist on them so that my family could eat them. These lime shrimp lettuce wraps were born.


I'm not good at measuring while I cook, I tend to eyeball the ingredients and hope that it all turns out in the end. However, even though I'm not a precise cook, I wanted to share with you how we made these tasty wraps.

Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps

1       Green Bell Pepper
1       Red Bell Pepper
4 C   Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1       Head of Garlic
2       Whole Onions
6       Limes (juice of)
3 T    Freshly Grated Ginger
3 T    Olive Oil
3 T    Soy Sauce
4 Bunches of Fresh Cilantro 
1 Head of Bibb Lettuce (or lettuce of your choice)

In separate bowl, combine shrimp, garlic, juice of 6 limes, freshly grated ginger, soy sauce, and olive oil. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Dice up the peppers and onions. Saute in a combination of olive oil and sesame oil. Add shrimp and sauce to the rest of the pan. Cook until shrimp is cooked and serve with lettuce. Garish with fresh cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips