julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Hosting A Whole30 Dinner Party.


A friend of mine that loves to entertain put together a small group of couples to host monthly dinner parties. We each took one month and chose a theme for the dinner. The sky was the limit for each of us and as a lover for all things entertaining, this group was right up my alley.




For our evening, I chose to do a full on Whole 30 dinner menu. I raided the Whole30 Instagram account for meal ideas, and settled on roasting individual Cornish hens, mashed potatoes, pumpkin soup, an arugula bacon salad, and green beans for the main course. For appetizers we enjoyed prawn and avocado bites, pear and prosciutto wraps, and finally chili and rosemary roasted nuts. 




A trip to Ikea for a couple yards of fabric that I had them hem on the spot and turn into a tablecloth for me. I loved the simple black and white color scheme with a bold pattern. Another trip to the flower market to visit my favorite flower vendors for some greenery and white roses helped pull the look all together. 



I made sure to print off the evening menu with everyone's name at the top as not only a place setting, but to also inform the guests of what to expect for the dinner for the evening. For a take home party favor, I placed a dish towel with a Chinese print made by another expat artist living in Beijing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips