julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Dipped Sugar Cookies.


I have this friend that has taught me all I know about sugar cookies. (Shout out to Jenny!) And when I threw a baby shower this past weekend, I enlisted her help in showing me how to dip each cookie in white icing instead of piping the royal icing onto each cookie. This new technique was game-changing for the way we decorate cookies in the future. Dipping the cookies into royal icing speeds up the process considerably and is easier on your hands. 

The plain white background on each cookie provided the perfect backdrop to create whatever we wanted for the design of our baby shower. I added gold stars and then painted random gold stripes on half of the cookies. On the other half of the sugar cookies, I mimicked the invitation design in edible ink marker. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips