julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mom's Salad Dressing.

Growing up, my mom made everything from scratch. EVERY. THING. Can I say it again?!?!!! Everything. No ranch dressing in our house. No thousand island out of a bottle. We had dressing my mom made that came out of a Tupperware container! The value of making things from scratch is something I dearly cherish about my mom. I'm not quite as extreme as my mom was, but I do like to stay away from prepackaged food as much as possible. I thought I'd share the basic salad dressing my mom would always use.

1 C  oil
1 1/2 tsp.  salt 
1 tsp.  dry or prepared mustard
1  onion
1  clove garlic
3 Tbsp.  vinegar
1/2 tsp.  paprika
1/8 tsp.  pepper
1/2 tsp.  thyme
1/4 tsp.  celery seed


Blend all ingredients in blender till smooth. You can use a food processor instead of a blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips