julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

(Vendor Challenge) - A Bridal Shower.



Table Details!!! Since we based everything around the orange Crush bottles and the idea of love, I used a lot paper doilies to give the effect of lace. I wrapped the bottoms of the orange Crush bottles with a paper doily. I also made little "I Love You" drink tags for the straws in the coordinating pink color.



I needed more color for the table so I made little menu's in orange. Adding two miniature paper doilies tied it together with the other elements of the set. 


I might have to do a future tutorial on how I made the chargers. They were super easy. I had actually made some on a much smaller scale as food labels for our Strawberry & Pinwheel birthday party, and I thought it would be an excellent (and economical) way to add color to our table for this particular set. For each place setting, I also made orange pomander balls using a flower punch and white beads from my one of my daughter’s white play necklaces. The design of the chargers was also mimicked in the “bride” and “groom” name tags.




Southland Nursery provided orange day lilies that blended with the natural scape of our set, and provided the appropriate color. They also gave us the pink hydrangeas and the baskets of pink petunias. Love, love, love the look of the day lilies. And the pink hydrangeas were so big that one stem was enough for one mason jar.


The large candle holder was a last minute purchase from Old Time Pottery. It centered the lace table runner I made out of varying sizes of white paper doilies. I also made a lace paper doily bunting that was hung from the armoire to the giant tree.

All photos taken by Jessica Ann Photography.


2 comments:

  1. This is just so lovely! Love all the sweet details like the doily runner, the white lantern, the paper-roll plate chargers! Have got to share this on our Bellenza FB page. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips