julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Design Basics.


I love design. From the way a house is styled, to the way a person is dressed. Design flows through everything. Designing tables or designing a party, the same rules apply throughout. Some of the rules I've learned over the years are as follows.


I love coming up with design ideas. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. And that is ok. Great events require an incredible amount of work. They don't just happen on their own. They require meticulous planning.  These same rules apply when styling an outfit to wear. Or when decorating a home. It's interesting to see how design basics apply to all areas of style.


In talking design, you have to decide on a color scheme. Don't be afraid to mix design styles, but you must understand that mixing patterns does take practice. That's something that I am still trying to master myself. Another tip is to not be afraid to use a monochromatic palette as well. Use what works for you. Again, let me remind you... sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But enjoy playing around with color, pattern, and style. I love looking around me and seeing inspirational design every where.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips