julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Monday, September 16, 2013

Hollandaise Sauce.


I feel like it's time to share another recipe with you. I really enjoy cooking out of "Mastering The Art Of French Cooking" by Julia Child, Louisette Bertholle, and Simone Beck. I've been exclusively using their recipe for Hollandaise sauce since I started making it years ago. I love the acidity that the lemon juice adds. It truly brightens up the sauce. My favorite way to eat Hollandaise sauce is over poached eggs. All that buttery goodness!  Here is the way I make their recipe...

Melt 2 sticks of diced butter in the microwave. In a small saucepan, beat 3 egg yolks with a wire whip until they become thick and sticky. If I'm feeling particularly lazy, I use my handheld electric mixer for this. Add 1 Tablespoon of cold water, 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Whisk for another minute. Add another Tablespoon of cold butter, but do not whisk in. Place the saucepan on very low heat and whisk for two minutes until the egg yolks thicken. You will know your egg yolks are thick enough when you can see the bottom of your saucepan between strokes. Immediately take off the stove and add yet another Tablespoon of cold butter to stop the cooking. Finally, whisk the butter that was melted in the microwave by gradually adding it to the saucepan until it has been thickened.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips