julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Modern Day Pilgrims.


Last week, I ate a Thanksgiving luncheon with my kids that their school hosted. The staff were all dressed up in pilgrim costumes. It was adorable and very festive. The kids had all made costumes as well. Paper vests. Feather headdresses. It was fun. I had all good intentions of making pilgrim costumes for my two kids as well, but Thanksgiving crept up on me and before I knew it, it was Thursday morning and no costumes.


But I had this costume that coordinated beautifully with our holiday table decor. We had our kid's Grandparents over for breakfast the morning of Thanksgiving. I kept the table simple. I didn't want to use traditional fall colors, and instead went with whites and pastels. I love using vintage flat sheets as tablecloths.  I made feather name tags using my Silhouette Cameo. The name tags for each place setting were stuck into a pumpkin muffin. I tried to make as much of the food ahead of time, so I wouldn't be stressed out the morning of Thanksgiving. We served two breakfast casseroles, one being a grits and deer sausage casserole - an homage to the first Thanksgiving that was celebrated. There are so many ways you can be prepared ahead of the big day... I had made the cranberry cinnamon rolls ahead of time, frosting them with cream cheese frosting the morning of. We purchased the fresh flower centerpieces the day before, and they held up for the following morning. I also set the table the night before, cutting down on my to do list that morning. All the little things that I was able to finish before the morning of Thanksgiving really added up and helped me {as the hostess} enjoy the whole day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips