julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer.


My father-in-law is an avid hunter during deer season. This holiday I asked him if he had an extra pair of deer horns that I could decorate. He readily obliged, and generously gave me pick of what he had on hand. I gave him fair warning that I might end up painting them white and covering them with glitter. He was on board with everything I suggested, so with his blessing, I chose these beautiful antlers.


Using a blank canvas, I added double sided tape. It was a little difficult to get the one side to stay in place on the canvas, but adding the silver glitter helped anchor it in place. The difficult task came when I wanted to anchor the antlers onto the canvas without having them pull on the canvas which would stretch it out. My assistant and I ended up drilling the antlers onto the canvas and then gluing them into place. I chose to keep the antlers in their original form, because I liked the contrast of their natural beauty on the canvas. We're hoping to use this piece of art work in an upcoming holiday party.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips