julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Bring A Book Instead Of A Card.


I attended a baby shower where the guests were asked to bring a book instead of a card for the new mother and her baby. This is a great way to build up the new baby's library. As a mother myself, I love this idea. My kids are avid readers and we have an extensive library. There are so many great books out there. Classics. Books my husband and I read as children that are still being printed decades later. New books that we enjoy reading together for the first time. This is a fun way to receive meaningful and personal books from friends and family members that you will always cherish. Included in the baby shower invitation was this sweet sentiment. I'm not sure if it was an original poem or whether the hostess' got it from another source. It's too cute and I thought I'd share it with you too. 

Although cards are nice with their sentiment and prayer,
They're read once or twice and then tucked away with care
A book is a treasure, words and pictures unite
Read over and over to teach and delight
So instead of a card for {name of baby} and Mother
Please give a child's book with your thoughts in the cover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips