julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Best Pecan Pie.



My friend, Molly, sent me her recipe for the best pecan pie. I knew it was going to be delicious because this recipe calls for evaporated milk, thus creating a wonderful caramel filling. This wonderful recipe makes two pies. Unfortunately for our Thanksgiving, I was not familiar enough with my oven, and my pies came out burnt. Against the advice from my assistant to not serve the pies, I put them out for my guests and they got devoured. That's when you really know a recipe is good... when you burn the pie and it still gets eaten!

3          Eggs
3 C      Light brown sugar
3/4 C   Melted butter
3 T      Flour
1         Large can of evaporated milk
1 T      Vanilla
2 C      Chopped or whole pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all ingredients and pour into pie crust. Bake until filling is set. Cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips