julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Monday, January 14, 2019

Challah French Toast... Finding Out What The Hype Is All About.


Ina Garten sings praises to challah bread french toast and since the perfect loaf was staring me in the face at my local Publix grocery store, I placed it in my cart and took it home with me. Challah bread is eaten more frequently in Jewish households for ceremonial meals, such as the Sabbath. I'm not too familiar with the challah bread culture, since we did not grow up eating it in my house. However,  with Ina's recommendation in the back of my head and my love for carbs, I was a happy girl as I checked out of the store. 


Challah is an egg bread that does not contain dairy, and I found it to be deliciously soft to the touch. I sliced the bread into 3/4 inch thick slices and then proceeded to dip each slice into my regular french toast mixture of eggs, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon beaten together. The end result was very tasty french toast, but was it the best french toast I've ever had? So many times the hype does not live up to the reality, so I was a tad bit disappointed. Don't go in to the experience with high expectations and I'm sure it would be a mind blowing meal. Would I make it again? Most definitely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips