julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Embracing 40 - Happy Birthday To Me!


I approached this milestone birthday with trepidation and dread. Forty just sounded so old to me! However, as I celebrated my birth, I found myself walking around the historic downtown area of Charleston with my best friend of twenty-one years and I realized getting older wasn't so bad after all. Armed with Jon Gordon's book, The Energy Bus, I decided it was time to approach this new chapter in my life with all the positive energy I could in order to embrace each day with positive enthusiasm to change the way I looked at life. 

"Where there is a void, negativity will fill it so we must keep fueling up with positive energy so the negative energy doesn't have room to expand. We must fuel up daily with positive thoughts, cultivate positive feelings, and take positive actions." {Jon Gordon, The Energy Bus}

With this milestone birthday comes the wisdom that the last forty years have brought. Life experiences that I have lived and learned from. Relationships loved and lost. My own personal emotional peaks and valleys that I have walked. And all this to bring me to where I am today. A little more solid in knowing who I am and what I want. Understanding where I want my life to go, but more importantly, knowing that there is the greater good of the life of our immediate family that I must take into consideration and knowing where that is headed. Picking up in suburbia again and plowing through the monotonous grind of each day. And through it all finding the joy in each moment. Being thankful that I am healthy enough to celebrate life each day with my family. Surrounding myself with the relationships that matter the most to me and intentionally keeping our circle small and intimate. Speaking my truth. For this I am thankful and I celebrate the past forty years of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips