julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sometimes I Cook.


When we moved into this house, I felt like I was supposed to be an adult and I had to pick paint colors accordingly. Now I just want to have fun and enjoy living in our home. If I could do it again, I'd chose a different paint color than the dark green. I know I could paint over it, but there's that small hope inside of me where I tell myself each year that this is going to be our last year in this house which holds me back from putting in the effort of switching up the paint color. I love our dining room table purely for sentimental reasons. My husband and I have had it since we got married ten years ago. Eventually I want a table that you can expand, but for now I cherish the moments, the conversations, the crafts the kids have made at this table, the meals with loved ones, and the memories we've had around this particular table.


My kitchen. Sometimes I find it hard to be content while I'm in my kitchen. But it is just a kitchen and it fits our needs. Sure, I'd like a larger kitchen. More cabinet space and more counter tops... I'm learning the value of being content with what we have. We've packed so many school lunches in this kitchen. Made so many mugs of hot chocolate. Three kids rifling through the refrigerator and the pantry looking for something to satisfy their cravings.


There are little things in my kitchen that make me smile. My ridiculously tiny salt and pepper shaker set that my kids bought me one Mother's day. The colors just make me smile. The yellow muffin tin that I picked up from an estate sale. I use three of my cookbooks that I have out on display. I make the banana cake recipe from the "Baked" cookbook all the time using my over ripe bananas. I use the "Mastering The Art Of French Cooking" cookbook for mayonnaise and hollandaise sauce. My "Better Homes and Garden Cook Book" I use when I need basic baking recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips