julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Angelina Ballerina DIY Costume.


As a mother, I feel as though I'm doing great putting together handmade Halloween costumes. Then the school our kids go to, threw me for a loop when they said each child needed a costume from a book to help wrap up Literacy Week.

I wasn't looking to spend a lot of money towards a costume for either of my two children, so we pulled what we could from what we had in their closets. Initially I wanted my two to dress up as the book, "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie". My daughter would dress up as the mouse and my son would dress up as the cookie. Neither child was too thrilled with the idea since it wouldn't make sense when they weren't together. So we scratched that book idea and my daughter asked if she could dress up as Angelina Ballerina instead.


I took to the streets of Hong Kong in search of poster board, construction paper, and ribbon that I could use to make an Angelina Ballerina costume for my daughter. Fortunately we already had the white tutu from a nativity play at church. I drew out the mask onto white poster board and used pink construction paper for the ears and nose. A pink bow tied between the little mouse ears completed Angelina's classic look. A long pink bow around my daughter's waist tied the whole look together.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing with us, I too always learn something new from your post.
    Ballerina tutum

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Matrix series and The Lord of the Rings, cosplayers styled in cosplay attires are often viewed at various public gatherings such as amusement parks, nightclubs dedicated to like-minded dresses and many high profile cosplay parties. anime cosplay costumes

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips