julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

My New Love Of Homemade Vegan Pizza.


The hardest thing about homemade pizza is finding the patience to wait while the dough rises for the crust. But making your own pizza from scratch is so satisfying, tasty, and easy on the budget. Plus, where are you going to find gourmet vegan pizza and know exactly what went into making it? We found ourselves at home on a Saturday afternoon and with the cooler temperatures, having a make your own pizza party was the perfect activity to warm us up and bring some laughter into our household. 

Since my 40th birthday, I'm been making more of an effort to eat a vegan diet so my two pizza's consisted of vegan mozzarella cheese and vegan parmesan cheese. This was the first time trying my hand at vegan pizza, and working with these two cheeses. I wasn't completely sure how the cheese would melt and end up tasting, but I was so happy with the end result. I've linked the cheeses I used at the end of this post that you can purchase on my Amazon site. 

The first pizza, I kept simple with an olive oil base with crushed garlic. I added both kinds of cheese, and during the last five minutes of baking, sprinkled fresh spinach leaves on top. The second pizza I added a fig jam spread for the base, caramelized onions that I made while the pizza dough was rising, both kinds of cheeses, and finished it off with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar after it came out of the oven. Both recipes were so simple and yet so flavorful.


Vegan Mozzarella Cheese - Amazon {here}  ::  Vegan Parmesan Cheese - Amazon {here}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips